Monday, March 19, 2012

How to import sony handycam video to mac imovie, fcp

"Hi. I've looked around the forums about this issue but I couldn't ever find one that specifically addressed my needs. So I am hoping someone here can.
I have a Sony Handy Cam (hard drive) and Mac (both the latest models) and all I want is for my Mac to recognize the camera - for iMovie. I plug it in and nothing happens. I know this has happened with others too. I just want a simple step by step list of what I should do. Is this possible? I go to some of the websites mentioned but they don't seem to be operating anymore or they look a little sketchy.. Any suggestions? i would really appreciate the help, my family has been harping me to get this video off and I just want to stop thinking about it. lol. THANKS!"
"Can't upload video from Sony Handycam DCR-SX40
I recently bought a new Sony Handycam to upload videos onto my Mac and the guys at Best Buy assured me it was Mac compatible. The driver that came with the camera has a Mac guide, but no apps for uploading.
iPhoto detects my camera and will import photos, but seems the videos are coming up as incompatible.
Any ideas????????? HELP!!!!!!!!!"
To smoothly convert Sony Handycam MTS to FCPX, iMovie'11, the Doremisoft Mac AVCHD Converter offered for us, it is designed for you to convert M2TS, MTS files to iMovie MP4, and allow you to transfer AVCHD MTS, M2TS files to MOV, M4V, AVI, MPEG-4, 3GP, FLV etc. Then you can import MTS files to iMovie on Mac OS for editing. Besides, With this AVCHD Converter for Mac you also can convert and import AVCHD MTS, M2TS files to Mac iTunes, iDVD, FCP, FCE, iPod, iPhone, iPad and other popular players such as PS3, Walkman, Blackberry, Palm, Zune, etc.
For Mac users, they are no longer worried that Sony Handycam AVCHD Video cannot be compatible on Mac with a best AVCHD Converter for Mac, you can import sony handycam to mac, which can convert M2TS, MTS, etc videos to most popular formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MPEG-4, MP3, etc. And then you can import converted AVCHD MTS or M2TS files to Mac applications, like MTS to iMovie, FCP, FCE, iDVD and more for editing as you like.
How to convert:
Step One: Input Sony Handycam Video to Mac
After you copied Sony Handycam video files to Mac or PC, then you can launch Mac AVCHD Converter. Click "Add File" to add target AVCHD MTS video for converting.
Step Two: Select Output Video Format for Mac
Click the small down arrow at the very right of the "Profile" to open the Profile drop-up list to choose MOV, MP4,or DV as output video format for Mac iMovie, FCP, FCE, iDVD, etc.
Step Three: Start to Convert Sony Handycam Video to Mac
Press "Start" button to convert selected AVCHD MTS files for Mac. When the conversion finished, you can enjoy them on Macs or PCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment