Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How to make good use of your Sony camcorder video on your computer

"I have been trying to put a video on my computer that I recorded on my camcorder. It is a Sony DCR-TRV330 version camera. I tried transferring video by USB but I could not get it to work. I put the video on a DVD but I am unable to transfer it to Windows Movie Maker. A friend told me that I have to change the video format from the DVD to edit it though. I can not even figure out that. I have to edit it so please help me out and tel me how I can put the video on my computer then edit it and put on scrolling words and other stuff."

Sony camcorders are a series of professional and prosumer camcorders produced by Sony company. There are many types of Sony camcorder from the standard definition camcorder released on their early stage like Sony DCR or Sony DSR series to some popular high definition camcorders like Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V, Sony HDR-CX130, Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5, Sony HDR-SR7 etc

After you have recorded your happy daily moments with your favourite Sony camcorders, do you want to play on your computer, your portable devices or your TV? Then, you may probably need to do some processings on your computer in order to transfer to other applications or devices or upload to websites for sharing.

So far as I know, most Sony camcorders record videos in high definition AVCHD, MTS, M2TS or MP4 format (some older models record in DVD format), which are not the natively supported formats in computer, either PC or Mac. Then, in order to make your Sony camcorder video work with your computer, you may need to convert your Sony camcorder video to the correct format for your computer.

For PC, you need to convert your Sony camcorder AVCHD, MTS, M2TS or MP4 video to PC natively supported AVI, WMV, MPG, ASF formats for playback in Windows Media Player, edit in Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas or other video formats for uploading to YouTube, MySpace or Twitter etc, putting on portable devices iPod, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 etc.

And for Mac user, you must make sure that you need to convert Sony camcorder AVCHD, MTS, M2TS video to Mac recognizable MOV, MPEG-4, DV format in order to play your video on QuickTime, manage in iTunes or edit in iMovie or Final Cut Pro in order to transfer to other devices or applications.

In a word, to make full use of Sony camcorder video, some conversion maybe necessary, you will need some practical tools for you to convert your Sony camcorder AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MP4 video to the correct video formats for your computer.

And fortunately, I have found two practical tools for you to make good use of your Sony camcorder video. PC user can trust Sony Camcorder Converter to convert your Sony AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MP4 video to PC compatible file formats, as for Mac user, Mac Sony Camcorder Converter is also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment